News and Views :  News and Views The fastest message board... ever.
Chit chat about the wind, the conditions, plans, great sessions etc. 
Racing and Wave at Vetch's tomorrow
Posted by: James ()
Date: August 08, 2017 08:15AM

Wed 9th Public Holiday looks like an epic NE brewing.

Angus has got some slalom racing lined up for the morning at Vetch's.

See [www.fsboarding.com]

Should be a goodie. Water will be very flat inside the reef in the morning although runs may be very short. That will favour blokes like Reuben who probably won't be on slalom kit but will be competitive because of the many gybes.

Later the idea is to try to run another wave event.... if the other spots (Baggies, Ansteys) are blown out we'll probably just do expression session looking at jumps at Vetch's.

Should be a great day on the water. Big NE, sunny skies, good exposure for the sport.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Racing and Wave at Vetch's tomorrow
Posted by: James ()
Date: August 10, 2017 09:11AM

Great day out. NE really delivered and racing inside the reef was brilliant.

Because the runs are short starts are critical and gybes are critical so tactically it is really exciting.

Most races were standing start, 3 gybes figure-8 style slalom.

Great turnout of guys. Angus ran heats of 4 at a time and then 6 at a time for round 2.

I raced on 6.0 and supersport but in the final, towards early afternoon was totally overpowered and board was uncontrollable - dropped every gybe! Great fun, though.

I was broken afterwards... Cliff and I had a brief burn beyond the reef looking for jumps and rides off limestone but was no fun for me on 6.0 and wave board. Note to self - wave board does not like the 6.0... max 5.5, really.

Some of the others went on to run another wave round at Ansteys in rather hectic conditions apparently.

See a few pics from racing in the gallery [www.stormchasers.org.za]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.