News and Views :  News and Views The fastest message board... ever.
Chit chat about the wind, the conditions, plans, great sessions etc. 
Bronze beach 25th Jan
Posted by: James ()
Date: January 26, 2017 08:24AM

Cliff and I had a good lunch time sail at Bronze yesterday.

I measured 20 gusting to 30 from the lifesaves' platform when we arrived so we rigged 5.0. There was a bit of white water but the waves were breaking in sections and looked good although there was also a bit of Southerly current.

When we launched it had lulled a little but with effort we could stay upwind and the waves were clean and smooth.

We sailed from about 12.30 to 1.30 and though there was a bit of a lull in the middle, it picked up again for a nicely powered session towards the end. There were a few jumps but mostly it was nice clean wave riding. Waves were rather close to the beach on the high tide so occasionally you couldn't gybe and go out again but was still a cool session.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bronze beach 25th Jan
Posted by: ChrisC ()
Date: February 08, 2017 09:50PM

Hey I saw you guys sailing on that day! I had some time to spare so walked along the promenade, then suddenly saw you two. I was jealous! Looked like you were having great fun. Saw a few skillful inside gybes. It reminded me of the days I used to sail in the late eighties and ninetys, mainly at the Bay and Vetchies. (Wasn't quite as good as u two)...but you never forget the feeling of fast planing on a short board. Unfortunately the last time I sailed was about 10 years ago at Wagondrift! On 1 April my wife and I are going to Mauritius; hope to get some sailing there on the hotel boards.Hope they don't only have barges! Enjoyed reading your articles, and glad to hear that Windsurfing isn't dead!

Posted by: James ()
Date: February 11, 2017 01:11PM

Hey Chris

Where are you going in Mauritius? I'm not sure the season is right but if there's wind head over the the rental centre at Le Morne - then you can rent a decent rig for the day and sail on flat water inside the reef. It's really tame and easy and great for getting back into it.

Posted by: ChrisC ()
Date: February 13, 2017 08:51PM

Ja I don't think the season is right for wind. We will be in the far NE corner of the island unfortunately, a long way from Le Morne. Oh well, luckily there's lots of other water sports on offer at the hotel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.