News and Views :  News and Views The fastest message board... ever.
Chit chat about the wind, the conditions, plans, great sessions etc. 
NE at Baggies yesterday
Posted by: James ()
Date: January 12, 2017 08:38AM

My first sail of 2017 and it was a goodie.

Based on windguru and winddyty forecast I was thinking 5.5 and that's what we ended up sailing. Swell was really small which was a plus but the Baggies shorebreak is back with a vengeance. Nasty.

Wind only came through quite late (was forecast to peak at 5 and in the end it became sailable at about 3.30, then increased to 5.0 weather for a about 30min before settling back to a powered 5.5 breeze.

Initially it was a bit bumpy and the only waves were close to the shore which meant if you rode, you came in... no-one wants to be mucking around in that shorebreak.

On the second session, though (after repairing my snapped boom clamp rope) it was much smoother and there were some midbreak waves to be had. Actually turned into a really classic Baggies day. Not perfect down the line riding but easy waves with easy backfoot turns.

Saw one forward by Ralph and Reuben reckons he had a good short session North of the rocks.

Great session in all. We all came off the water because it was getting late but the wind was still blowing.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.