News and Views :  News and Views The fastest message board... ever.
Chit chat about the wind, the conditions, plans, great sessions etc. 
Sunset beach gopro footage
Posted by: James ()
Date: January 21, 2016 08:55AM

Below is my gopro footage from my Cape Town trip over new year. If the link doesn't work just search for "jamo gopro footage sunset beach 2015"

[youtu.be]

I sailed twice at sunset beach, the first day on a 5.0 and the second on 4.5. First day the wind was a bit lighter but there was a bit of a wave. Second day the wind was nice and strong but difficult to find a wave to catch.

If you look closely there's an attempted back-loop in there somewhere but the boom mount (and lack of height in my jump) doesn't show it up very well because the horizon doesn't come into the pic.

I also had a 1-footed back loop attempt -completely unplanned. My footstraps felt really loose in Cape Town... I wonder if the cold water makes your feet smaller??

Sunset is really tame when the swell is small and great for practising. I used a boom mount on the front of the boom most of the time. Towards the end of the video I show a few clips from the back of the boom (clew mount). I've made a clamp for my gopro out of a cheap hardware store clamp that allows me to attach to boom or mast quite quickly and easily.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.