News and Views :  News and Views The fastest message board... ever.
Chit chat about the wind, the conditions, plans, great sessions etc. 
Yesterday at Baggies - Monday 27th
Posted by: James ()
Date: October 28, 2014 07:20AM

What a lekker sail.

The guys were on 5.0 when I arrived and the sea looked pretty busy with some big back line waves coming through. I measured avg 19-20 at the shoreline but I think that must have been in a lull because Ralph advised 4.7-5.0 and when I measured again at the top of the bank it gusted to 28.

So Cliff and I rigged 5.0 which was the right size for us. The ezzy 5.0 panther was very controllable and I was happy for the power. It wasn't even as flat as it could be.

Waves were big but there was power in the midbreak if you got planing early so you could pick your line out and generally avoid a backline cruncher if careful.

Riding was awesome - plenty of waves to choose from... a little bumpy in places but steep and breaking in sections with the wave reforming so you could have a longish ride after the foam. Also plenty of sail power to go around sections.

Unfortunately Ivor and Reuben had work committments so they left earlier but Cliff, Ralph and I sailed about another hour and a bit until we were completely shanked. When I'm starting to negotiate big foam-balls completely hooked in because I'm too tired to unhook it's time to quit!

Great day - no breakages, good rides a couple of jumps.

Welcome, Ivor, great to have you joining us. Hope to see you more on the water.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.